Thursday, May 9, 2013

T+M=LOVE


L.O.V.E.



My beautiful sister, Tiffany, got married almost 2 weekends ago on April 27th, 2013. She and her husband Mark had an outdoor wedding at Bird Island Lake Ranch in Dade City, Florida. It was a beautiful, rustic,  shabby-chic themed wedding and it was a gorgeous day for it. The landscape was absolutely breathtaking. The trees and lighting was just perfect. It was an overall beautiful day, from the ceremony under the trees, to s'mores by the fire, dancing and a sparkling exit. Perfect, just perfect!


Now to the cakes...





My sweet sister entrusted the honor of making her wedding cake to me, which I was quite nervous about as I've never done a wedding cake. We came up with the idea to do mini-cakes for each guest then I would make a two-tier cake for them to cut. I hit a few rough patches in the actual making of the cakes. Each mini-cake had to be individually iced and decorated. I had baked the cakes all ahead of time and froze them, but the decorating was the major part. So, I iced and added ridges to the sides with an edging tool made by Wilton. Then I was going to have fondant circles cut out to decorate the outside, however after I realized I'd need about 1,400 circles I started to panic. But I remembered seeing grey pearl sprinkles at the cake supply store in Tampa. So, I rushed to Tampa and bought all the sprinkles they had. Luckily it was enough.


 I recruited my sweet Momma Bear to help me and by 3 am on Friday morning we were finally finished. After doing all the mini-cakes the tiered cake seemed easy. It was an 8" base and 6" top covered in grey fondant with white pearl sprinkles around the sides. Although it cost me some sleep it was totally worth it to give my sister exactly what she wanted for her wedding day. I'm so happy that I was able to share this special day with Tiffany and her HUSBAND Mark! 



 
Here's a few  more pictures of some fun from the evening...


Me and my sweetheart!



 Me, Stephen and Ericka...Love my siblings!




 Daddy and his 3 girls! Best Dad EVER!!!


Hope everyone has a sweet week!

Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment