Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tiffany's Bridal Shower


Well, after a long break from cake making I'm finally back in the saddle! 

Last July (2012), Jason and I moved from our home in Franklin, Tennessee back to our hometown of Saint Petersburg, Florida. Jason got a job at Saint Petersburg Christian School, where we first met back in Kindergarten, as the IT Manager. So we packed it all up and headed south. We moved in with Jason's parents while searching for a new home and a job for me! The search for our house is a story in and of itself. But, that's another blog for another time.

Back to the cakes... back in February, along with the help of my fellow bridesmaids, I threw a bridal shower for my older sister Tiffany. 


We just had family and close friends over to my home for some homemade lasagna (courtesy of my momma) and some other Italian dishes. Here's some of us getting ready to eat!


 I didn't do a whole lot as far as cakes go for the shower, just some vanilla and marble cupcakes with purple and grey, butter cream icing and little cake toppers. 

We decorated in some of the same themes Tiffany was planning to use for the wedding. I used Mason jars wrapped with burlap and twine for the glasses, had burlap runners on the tables, hung some tissue paper flower puffs from the ceiling and even added a "LOVE" bunting made out of burlap.


 It was a great time getting to know some of Mark's family and spend time together. Tiffany got a lot of goodies to start their new lives together. Here's a few more pictures of all the family, friends and festivities from the evening. 

~The future Mr. and Mrs. Mark Raley~

Myself, Tiffany, Ericka, Mom and Mamaw



 My favorites...the Mason jar glasses


Alicia hosting one the games we played. Both of the moms won the games. It was a fun time and we all learned a little more about Tiffany and Mark.


Alicia made this adorable sign saying "Welcome to Tiffany's Bridal Shower" to put outside of my house so everyone would know where to go. So cute!


She got lots of fun goodies!!!


It was a wonderful time we were able to spend together to celebrate Tiffany and this exciting time in her life. More will be on it's way soon with another shower and two weddings to blog about! It's been a pretty busy spring already. But I love being able to be a part of this special time. 


Have a sweet week!
~Stephanie~



No comments:

Post a Comment