Friday, June 15, 2012

I mustache you a question...

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails...that's what little boys are made of? Not anymore! 
Now it's bow ties and suspenders and mustaches!


Here is the cake I did last weekend for my friend Tiffany's baby shower. She is having a sweet little boy, Liam, who will be here within the month. It was such a fun day! Liam is a spoiled little boy already. So many people came out to show their love for Tiffany and her growing family. 


It was a "little man" themed shower complete with ties, mustaches, and all things any little man would want. For the cake I did a 3 layer 6 inch chocolate cake covered in white fondant. I attempted to make the chevron stripes as the background...it was my first try, so I think it came out pretty well when you consider that! I also cut out little mustaches from sugar sheets, which is the first time I've used those too. For the top of the cake I created a bunting banner in different colored chevron patterned paper with "LIAM" written across the front. It was such a fun theme to work with!


I also made cheesecake cupcakes topped with chocolate chips or strawberries. For parties it's so much easier to pass out cupcakes than to have to cut 50 slices of cake, but the cake is the fun part for decorating, so I just did both! The cheesecake was so yummy, if I do say so myself! Here's a little secret for you...it's a no-bake box cheesecake! I love that stuff!!! So easy too!


It was a great day and I'm so happy and excited for the new chapter of motherhood in my friend's life. So glad I was able to be a part of her special day! Love you Tiffany!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment