Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Getting crafty...not just cakes today!






My sweetheart gave me a sewing machine for Christmas last year, which I absolutely LOVE! I love being able to fix my own clothes...mostly hemming my pants, since short sizes are too short, but regulars are too long! I also love being able to create one-of-a-kind gifts for people too. This gift is one that will definitely keep on giving...for quite a while too!




You may remember the birdie and button baby showers I did cakes for from my last blog. Here are some  pillow case dresses I made for their sweet baby girls. I think these were my first project that actually looked good enough for it to be a gift! What a nice surprise! haha!!! And now, one of those little girls has finally arrived! She is absolutely beautiful. It's so easy to forget how tiny babies are when they're born. Just adorable!



Here's some pictures of my other sweet friend, from her shower, who is waiting any day for her little one to arrive. It shouldn't be much longer now! She finished her last day of work with us this past Friday. Such a sad day! She will be sorely missed, but I'm so happy that she'll be able to stay home with her sweet baby girl. We just need to work out a schedule for her weekly visits to the office, so I can play with Addie Mae!

Have a great long Memorial Day weekend everyone!!!

I know I will since my whole family is coming into town. We haven't been together since Christmas. It is long over due!!! I just can't wait for Friday to come. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment